SUMMER FUNDRAISING GUIDE
Fundraising over the summer can seem a bit daunting, so we are here to help! Here are 14 ideas, one idea per week, to help you kick-start fundraising for the 2016-2017 year!
- Welzoo: Reach out to friends and family and help them set up www.welzoo.com as their homepage for their Internet browser. Welzoo will donate $0.03 every day per person who dedicates their account to UGA Miracle. The more people we have join our team, the more money we can raise by just the click of a button!
- Birthday: If your birthday falls over the summer then consider asking for donations instead of birthday wishes on social media! Consider asking relatives who don’t know what to get you to instead donate to your personal fundraising page.
- Casual Fridays: Ask your parents’ (or friends’) offices to set up “casual Fridays” where employees who donate $5 to UGA Miracle can dress down for the day.
- Canning: Find a local business to set up a jar where people can donate their spare change (or more) to UGA Miracle! Reach out to previous employers and some of your friends’ parents to see if they would be willing to keep the can up all summer!
- Babysitting: During the summer, people are constantly looking for a babysitter to watch their children. Consider donating a portion or all of the money made from babysitting towards your fundraising total! Be sure to tell the parents you are donating $ toward UGA Miracle and tell them about the cause. Often people are willing to donate if you share why you love UGA Miracle!
- Percentage Nights: Try and set up a Percentage Night in your hometown this summer! This is an easy way to reach untapped resources, and all the money made from this event can go towards your personal fundraising total!
- Design a T-Shirt/Tank: This fundraising idea has proven to be extremely successful for our members in recent years!
- Plato’s Closet: Get rid of some of your old clothes that are too small and accessories you no longer use by taking them to Plato’s Closet! Donate the money they give back to you For The Kids!
- Crafts: If you are the creative type (or know someone who is), making crafts is an incredible way to raise money For The Kids. Examples of crafts could be painting canvases, making jewelry, and photography!
- Yard Sale: Consider planning a yard sale in your neighborhood one weekend! Ask your parents and neighbors if they have any items of value that they are looking to get rid of and offer to help move the items if you can sell them in your Yard Sale!
- Letter Writing: You may have thought about it this past year, but never had the time to sit down and draft a personalized letter or could never get your addresses together! Now is the perfect time to write your own letter to send to potential donors this summer. Be sure to include your miracle story and the reasons why you are inspired by our awesome hospital! *Bonus-handwritten letters are even more special!
- Car Wash: When it’s a hot summer day, offer to wash your friends’ and families’ cars for five dollars each! A cool way to revamp your fundraising :)
- Bake Sale and/or Lemonade Stand: People love food and a good cause to make them feel better about eating sweets! Set up a bake sale or lemonade stand in your neighborhood or at a community event, and make posters explaining you are with UGA Miracle!
- Back to School Shopping: People are often overwhelmed by a long list of items they need for school supplies. Utilize this last opportunity before you head back to UGA! Offer to go school supply shopping for family, friends and teachers and have them donate to your fundraising page in return!